Monday, July 14, 2014

Lunes de lenguaje!

Wow - it's already our third lunes de lenguaje - time is flying!

Here's a look at the latest phrases and vocabulary that I've been learning.

Frases:
Madre mia! = Oh my gosh! (literally: my mother!)
Mi amigo gano la loteria!   - "Madre mia!!!!! Que guay!"
--> "My friend won the lottery!!!" - "Oh my gosh!! How cool!"

Hasta arriba de gente = totally packed 
Los conciertos en Teatro Circo Price siempre estan hasta arriba de gente. 
--> "The concerts at Teatro Circo Price are always packed!"

Que fuerte! = wow! (literally: how strong)
Mira a ese chico con el pelo azul. Que fuerte!!
--> "Look at that boy with the blue hair. Wow!!!"

he sonado contigo = I dreamt about you!
He sonado contigo - fuimos a Irlanda!
--> "I dreamt about you - we went to Ireland!"

estar punto de empezar = it's about to start/begin!
Damas y caballeros, el espectaculo esta punto de empezar!
--> "Ladies and gentlemen, the show is about to begin!

tener poca sangre = to not respond to situations;  to be unmotivated (literally: to have little blood)
A esa chica no le importa nada - tiene poca sangre.
--> "That girl doesn't care about anything - she has little blood."


Vocabulario:
callejear = to take the back roads 
Mi amiga y yo siempre callejeamos para llegar a nuestro restaurante favorito en Madrid. --> "My friend and I always take the back roads to get to our favorite restaurant in Madrid.

guay = cool
Te gusta mi camisa nueva? Acabo de comprarla.  -- Ay, que guay! Me encantan todos los colores.
--> "Do you like my new shirt? I just bought it. -- Oh, how cool! I love all of the colors."

molar = to rock/be cool
Esta banda mola mucho!! Me encanta.
--> "This band is soo cool! I love them."

tieso = broke (as in, teenagers and college kids are usually broke because they don't have real jobs yet)
Hay una pagina en Facebook que se llama "Madrid para tiesos." Hay un monton de actividades gratuitas para la gente joven que no tiene mucho dinero!
--> "There is a Facebook page called "Madrid para tiesos." There is a ton of free activities for young people who don't have a lot of money!"

tarjeta de socios = membership card
Mi amigo me dijo conseguir una tarjeta de socios para el cine para comprar entradas mas baratas.
--> "My friend told me to get a membership card for the movies so I can buy cheaper tickets."

bostezar = to yawn
Cuando tengo sueno, bostezo mucho.
--> "When I am sleepy, I yawn a lot."


No comments:

Post a Comment