Sunday, August 10, 2014

Packing for a long trip: what I packed versus what I actually wore

So this is pretty sad. As I was packing today, my last day in Madrid, I decided to take a photo of all of the clothes that I packed and then take a photo of the clothes that I actually wore. The difference is horrible! 

Take a look at what I packed:

I packed the following:
- 2 sweatshirts
- 4 cardigans
- 1 blazer jacket
- 7 dresses
- 1 skirt 
- 3 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 3 pairs of pants (not jeans)
- 3 pairs of capri pants
- 10 t-shirts
- 16 tank tops
- 2 belts
- a raincoat
- 4 scarves
- 1 bathing suit
- exercise clothes: sports bra, tank top, running pants
- shoes: 1 pair of flats, wedges, sandals, casual brown shoes, sneakers, comfy walking shoes, high heels
- underwear, bras, socks

Below is what I actually wore:
 I actually wore:
- the black sweatshirt (once)
- the blue cardigan
- 4 dresses
- 1 skirt
- 2 pairs of shorts
- 2 pairs of jeans
- 3 pairs of capri pants
- 5 t-shirts
- 5 tank tops
- underwear/bras
- shoes: the sandals
- bathing suit

So as I sit in my room, sobbing over the fact that I can't close my suitcase and that I have no idea how I'm going to fit the remaining breakables and camera and laptop in my backpack...keep the above information in mind. You will probably never wear as much as you plan on wearing. 

Also, I bought lots of things here in Spain, so it would have been really nice to have all of that extra space in my luggage to bring things home. 

Hopefully I learn how to pack in time for the next adventure!

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled across your blog and I definitely want to go back and read about your summer adventure when I have some spare time. It takes me back to my own study abroad in Spain days...seriously some of the BEST days of my life! What fun!
    Emilie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emilie - thanks for checking out my blog! My summer in Madrid was fantastic. I had previously studied in Granada, so it was great getting to know another big city like the back of my hand. I hope to be back in Spain next year as well! Enjoy reading through my blog :) - Dana

    ReplyDelete