Recipe for Spanish gazpacho:
- half of a large cucumber, peeled
- two cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped up
- 4-5 big tomatoes, peeled
- about half of a red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- about one cup of water
- couple squirts of vinegar (red wine vinegar was really good)
- 3-5 tablespoons olive oil
- salt to taste
1) Boil water. Place tomatoes in a bowl, with crosses cut into the bottoms. Pour the bowling water on top and let them sit for a few minutes. Then, peel the tomatoes, starting at the crosses that you cut on the bottom.
2) Add all of the ingredients above to a large bowl.
3) Take a hand blender (I'm sure you can do this in a real blender if you wanted to), and mix everything together until it is well-blended. If it is too thick, add more water. If it is too bland, add more salt or vinegar, etc.
4) Voila! You have some delicious gazpacho. If you are planning to eat it right away, you can add some ice cubes. If not, you can stick it in the fridge and enjoy it chilled later :)