Saturday, June 28, 2014

Las plazas de Madrid

As we've talked about in class, plazas are very popular in most other countries.  Yes, there are a few in the US in big cities such as New York City or Boston, but plazas are essentially everywhere in Spain.  I have been to maybe 1-2 dozen so far, and I know there are dozens more to visit!  Some plazas are really big, and some are a lot smaller.  

Check out some of the plazas below.  While you look at the photos, notice what people are doing in the plazas.

A small plaza within el Parque del Buen Retiro

The main plaza in Madrid - Puerta del Sol

(human statues!)

La Plaza del Dos de mayo
Displaying photo.JPG

Dosde Market (el mercado del diseno) in Plaza del Dos de mayo where the Spaniards sell handmade crafts/jewelry


Plaza de Oriente - right in front of the Palacio Real


Plaza Mayor - the other main plaza in Madrid


Plaza de Santa Ana - the smaller plaza two blocks from my apartment


So what did you notice the people doing?  I saw people: hanging out and chatting with friends, walking dogs, eating at cafes, talking on the phone, eating ice cream or other snacks, riding bikes, walking around, and more!  

I'm sure I will upload more photos of plazas as I encounter more and more each day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment